« Home | Previous Post: Who am I? Part 2 of 3 » | Previous Post: Who am I? Part 1 of 3 »

Who Am I? Part 3 of 3

Monday, January 30, 2006

What about you? Has God ever given you a job to do and you said to Him, "Who am I? Don’t you remember how I failed last time? I’m not mature enough yet. I don’t have the strength, or ability, or knowledge, or experience, or whatever."

God says, "I will be with you." Our worthiness comes from Him. We may fail while trying to serve Him, but His love for us will never fail. God’s Word says that "in His unfailing love" He will lead the people He has redeemed, and that "in His strength" He will guide us to His holy dwelling (see Exodus 15:13). In fact, this verse is part of a song sung by Moses himself after leading God’s people out of Egypt.

God proved Himself faithful to Moses, and Moses sang praises to Him. He was enjoying his fellowship with God, and his relationship with God was deepened because of the time he spent serving Him.

Perhaps you’re like the women I mentioned earlier – you’d like to be involved in a ministry, but you really don’t know how or where you fit in. Maybe you don’t know what, if any, gift God has given you use in ministry work. Or, maybe you’ve failed in the past and you don’t feel worthy to be used.

If you’re struggling with feelings of insufficiency or inadequacy, you need to know that you are capable and worthy of whatever task God gives you because of His presence in you. The Bible tells us that He is Emmanuel – the "with us" God (See Matt. 1:23). I love the way Beth Moore explains it in her Bible study, Living Beyond Yourself. She says that, because of the presence of the Holy Spirit and the power He provides us, we can do things we couldn’t have done and know things we shouldn’t have known. When we respond to the leadership of the Holy Spirit we will accomplish things just as if we had experience - because He has experience and He is "with us."

© Tammie 2005


Posted by Tammie at 7:00 PM

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted on February 11, 2006    

    Tammie-
    Because my friend may step down from leadership (because of her discouragement).....her job may fall to me. And I don't have a problem saying I'm a little nervous. Isn't being a leader really scary? Thanks for the reminder that God is with me and has the experience/knowledge that I don't.
    Julie

Post a Comment

« Home